Now Education is recruiting for Secondary School Cover Teachers in the Nottingham area.
As a Cover Teacher in a Secondary School, you will supervise pupils and manage their behaviour and the classroom expectations. You will deliver pre-planned exercises to the pupils due to the teaching staff being away on short-term/long-term absence. Your main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set and support the pupils individual learning.
This role will suit somebody who has an interest in completing a PGCE, a student teacher, support staff and people who want a new challenge or FE, PTTLS lecturers or tutors.
You will be required to cover 5/6 classes per day, covering a range of subjects throughout your working day.
The hours for this role are 08:30 – 15:30.
The benefits to you!
- Weekly pay, and no payroll fees.
- Flexible working hours to suit you.
- Variety of work in primary, secondary, special schools and nurseries.
- Now Education Mobile App for communicating shift availability.
- Support from an experienced education consultant.
- Free CPD training.
- Candidate referral Programme.
- 24-hour registration from the comfort of your sofa.
- 12.07% Holiday pay – paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot to withdraw when you are not working.
- Now Education contributed pension.
- 24/7 direct contact with your dedicated consultant.
Your duties will include:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school’s curriculum.
- Managing the behaviour of pupils in line with the school’s behavioural policy.
- Responding to any questions from pupils to support and develop their learning.
- Being flexible to the schools and pupils needs.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the teacher.
- Report back to the key person in charge with any key information about pupils behaviours and progress.
The Ideal person:
- Experience of working with pupils aged 11+ years in a UK Secondary School setting.
- Excellent reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Educated to Degree level in Education studies or holds a relevant UK classroom experience.
- A passion for helping young pupils progress within their education.
- Adaptable to a change in circumstances.
- Dynamic and holds strong classroom management.
- Able to manage behaviours using the schools behaviour policy.
This roles can be full or part time.
Now Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation