Now Education East Midlands is urgently recruiting for an experienced Behaviour Support Assistant on a full time basis to join a challenging SEN School based in Derbyshire.
Behaviour support assistant will do all the things that regular Teaching Assistants do but they have an increased level of responsibility. For example, supporting children’s mental health and well being, acting as a role model and being actively engaged in trying to develop young lives.
Your new role
Joining a strong working team, you will be responsible for supporting the teacher and students who have been excluded from mainstream schools and work as an support assistant. The role is to commence asap. We are seeking people with a passion for working with SEN students from tough backgrounds and upbringings and can relate and build rapport with challenging students.
- You will support students with general learning activities
- The students have additional learning needs such as, autism, ADHD and anxieties.
- Provide interventions with students such as, observation and engagement and being involved in de-escalation and management of behaviours.
- Contribute to a team approach to student care
- Participate in meetings
- Develop and maintain a good professional relationship with students, colleagues and visitors
Hours are 8.30 – 3.30pm Monday to Friday
- Previous youth work/education/healthcare/special needs/disabilities experience preferred (Either professional or personal)
- Good level of English
What you’ll get in return
In return, you will be paid a competitive daily rate and will gain experience working within a friendly, hardworking team environment.
In addition to the support from the department, you will also be supported 24/7 by a dedicated Now Education consultant who will assist with any queries.
The benefits to you!
- Weekly pay, and no payroll fees..
- Full Time work in one school
- Now Education Mobile App for communicating shift availability.
- Support from an experienced education consultant.
- Free CPD training.
- Candidate referral Programme.
- 24-hour registration from the comfort of your sofa.
- 12.07% Holiday pay – paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot to withdraw when you are not working.
- Now Education contributed pension.
Now Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation.