Now Education is recruiting for a Cover Teacher to work within a wonderful new build Secondary school in Pontyclun, RCT.
As a Cover Teacher, you will supervise pupils and manage their behaviour and the classroom expectations. You will deliver pre-planned exercises to the pupils due to the teaching staff being away on short-term/long-term absence. Your main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set and support the pupils individual learning.
This role will suit somebody who has an interest in completing a PGCE, a student teacher or FE, PTTLS lecturers or tutors, retired teachers, NQTs or qualified Teachers looking for flexibility.
Your duties will include:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school’s curriculum.
- Managing the behaviour of pupils in line with the school’s behavioural policy.
- Responding to any questions from pupils to support and develop their learning.
- Being flexible to the schools and pupils needs.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the teacher.
- Report back to the key person in charge with any key information about pupils’ behaviours and progress.
The Ideal person:
- Experience of working with pupils aged 11+ years.
- Excellent reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- A passion for helping young pupils progress within their education.
- Adaptable to a change in circumstances.
- Dynamic and holds strong classroom management.
The roles can be full or part time.
If you are interested in applying for this position or want further information, please contact Now Education or apply for the role.