Now Education have an exciting opportunity for experienced SEND Teaching Assistants to work within a Primary SEND School based in South Liverpool.
Our client is a community school for 110 primary aged children (3-11 years) some with additional learning difficulties. Most children who attend have an Education, Health and Care Plan, which is issued following a full assessment involving a range of professionals.
We are seeking 5 x Full-time Teaching Assistants to support the school from January 2024, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only, 32.5 hours per week.
Staff Working Hours
Teachers and Teaching Assistants are expected to be in school every day for 8:30am with a 3:30pm finish.
SEND specifically catering for pupils with ASC, SLD and PMLD.
The role requires SEND experienced staff who are confident catering for either Autism, Learning Difficulties and/or PMLD.
The role entails supporting alongside the class teacher within sensory based lessons to provide a focused provision to all, ensuring every child receives a personalised and quality education. TA’s must ensure pupils are learning in a healthy and safe caring environment where safeguarding is paramount; offering everyday inclusion opportunities and encourage independence.
The ideal candidate:
- Have Classroom Support Experience
- Have SEND experience (ASC, SLD, PMLD)
- Be confident supporting on a 1:1 or Small Group basis
- Be confident providing personal care where needs be
- Have consistently high expectations and develop pupil’s skills to be as independent as they can be
- Confident supporting within multisensory lessons, empowering pupils with knowledge that is both useful and relevant
- Extend the essential skills of communication, reading, writing and mathematics
- Encourages individual creativity
- Monitor and assess pupils effectively to ensure pupil progress
- Excellent communication skills
- Promote successful learning attitudes and behaviours
NOW Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); due diligence check including social media; qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references to cover a minimum period of 2 years.