Now Education are delighted to be working with a dynamic and inclusive secondary school in Rochdale who are dedicated to providing a supportive and enriching educational experience for all students.
The school are seeking a compassionate and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work with students who have a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This role offers an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students and contribute to an inclusive learning environment.
If you have previously worked with students who have Autism, ADHD, ASD, SEMH, Complex and Challenging Behaviour it is likely that you would be successful in this role.
The Role: As a Learning Support Assistant at you will play a crucial role in supporting students with SEND, helping them access the curriculum and participate fully in school life. Working closely with teaching staff, you will provide individualised assistance, adapting your approach to meet the diverse needs of students. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of personalised learning plans, monitor student progress, and create a nurturing and inclusive atmosphere.
- Provide one-to-one or small group support to students with SEND.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and other personalised support strategies.
- Collaborate with teaching staff to create an inclusive learning environment.
- Support students in accessing the curriculum and participating in classroom activities.
- Monitor and record student progress, communicating effectively with teaching staff and parents.
- Foster positive relationships with students, promoting their social and emotional well-being.
- Previous experience working with students who have SEND, preferably in a secondary school setting.
- Relevant qualifications (e.g., NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning).
- Understanding of different SEND profiles and effective support strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for supporting the learning and development of students.
- Training in relevant interventions (e.g., Makaton, Team-Teach).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a committed and caring staff team who are dedicated to improving the lives of young people who have a range of SEND. If you are interested please get in touch asap.