Now Education are working with a secondary school that are looking to recruit an Estates Assistant in the new year until March 2024. The school is outside the city centre of Nottingham, around 20 minutes drive.
The role is required on a 3-week rotating shift pattern which will include 1 Saturday or Sunday every 3 weeks.
The shift pattern for Estates Assistant is as follows:
Week 1– 5.30 am – 1.30 pm (M-F 37 hours)
Week 2– 7.00 am – 3.00 pm for 4 days between M-F and either a Saturday or a Sunday from 8am- 5.30 pm (39 hours)
Week 3– 2.30 pm – 10.30 pm (M-F 37 hours)
In order to apply for the Estates Assistant role:
- To be able to commit to the shift pattern
- Have experience in the role of an Estates Assistant
- Possess effective handyperson skills
- Be personable, helpful and have a friendly manner
- Willing to take on any relevant training
- An Enhanced DBS on the update service
Summary of duties of the Estates Assistant role are:
- All checks carried out consistently and any issues reported immediately
- Make sure the estate appears clean, tidy and secure place and work with team leaders to enhance and upgrade in accordance with our plan
- Ensure routes and all areas around the school are kept safe and clear, including the clearance of debris, waste materials and broken furniture etc.
- To take responsibility for the swift rectification of any safety issues around the site – in particular gritting and clearing of snow and ice during cold spells
- Undertaking routine inspections to identify actual or potential defects and follow up appropriately
- That work is undertaken to an appropriate quality and standard
- Scheduled daily tasks are completed and that working time is fully utilised throughout the day
- Large scale cleaning duties as directed to include cleaning of walls and windows, carpet and floor scrubbing and undertaking janitorial duties as and when required.
- Attending to deliveries of goods and carrying out porterage duties
- Checking on the condition of toilets throughout the school day, undertaking any cleaning and replenishing stocks of toilet rolls and paper towels etc.
- Removal of graffiti from internal and external surfaces as necessary
- Picking up of litter on schoolyards, emptying of litter bins and sweeping hard surfaces external to the school buildings
- Grounds maintenance (excluding line marking and grass cutting) around the site including pruning, hedge trimming, weeding, fence painting and repairs
- Setting out of furniture, urns etc. for events and lettings
- Giving assistance to colleagues as required
- Liaising with contractors, visitors and all users of the site ensuring compliance with Safeguarding and Asbestos/Hot works and induction as appropriate.
- Undertaking basic repair work, maintenance, decoration, premises improvements and handyperson activities.