Now Education are recruiting for Cover Supervisors on behalf of a secondary schools in the Stockport area.
The purpose of a Cover Supervisor is to provide effective supervision in a range of classes and subjects in response to unforeseen short-term teacher absence, ensuring good order is maintained in the classroom and pupils keep to task, completing all pre planned work left by their teacher.
This role would ideally suit an individual who has experience leading activities with young people such as a Sports Coach or Youth Worker or someone wishing to gain more experience to enter a career in teaching.
Candidates must be:
· Educated to a high standard with a good standard of literacy and numeracy and present themselves in a professional manner.
· Genuinely interested in teaching/supporting lessons within schools.
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of the role of cover supervisor
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of school expectations for staff.
· Experienced working with young people in schools or a community setting.
· Experienced managing behaviour and leading groups.
· Willing to be flexible.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Supervising the students whilst they complete planned work left by members of the teaching team.
· Assisting in preparing the learning environment and resources.
· Assisting with the management of student behaviour to ensure a constructive working environment.
· Responding to students about the work that has been set.
· Collecting any work completed after the lesson and returning it to an agreed person/place.
· Leaving the room in order at the end of the lesson/day.
· Supervising entry and departure of students in accordance with school policy.
· Recording and reporting attendance at lessons in accordance with school policy.
· Reporting back as appropriate using the schools’ agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of the pupils under supervision.
· Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the schools’ policies and procedures.
· Following school policies and procedures especially those relating to child protection and health and safety.
· Respecting confidential issues linked to home/students/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure and will be subject to safeguarding checks.