Now Education are recruiting for a Careers Information and Guidance Co Ordinator on behalf of a Secondary School in Nottingham.
The Careers Leader will plan and implement a strategy for developing the careers programme meeting all of the eight Gatsby Benchmarks of good practice and prepares young people for the choices and transitions in education, training and employment. The role itself will include 1:1 careers meetings with students, liaising with the local authorities and colleges to help support students to choose the most appropriate destination for them and overall raising the profile of careers and destinations for their post 16 education next steps.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate within a dynamic and forward-thinking team who are focused on developing exciting and engaging learning experiences for students across the 11-18 age range. They will take lead responsibility for the delivery of our school’s programme of careers education, advice and guidance.
The Careers Leader needs to be a Level 6 trained and qualified careers advisor.
- Hold a level 6 qualification in careers guidance.
- Thorough knowledge of education, employment, training and personal development opportunities that are available for young people.
- Experience of working with young people preferably in a Secondary school or post 16 education setting.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant developments in Careers education, information, advice and guidance.
The hours of work for this role are 2 days a week.
The benefits to you!
- Weekly pay, and no payroll fees.
- Now Education Mobile App for communicating shift availability.
- Support from an experienced education consultant.
- Free CPD training.
- Candidate referral Programme.
- 24-hour registration from the comfort of your sofa.
- 12.07% Holiday pay – paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot to withdraw when you are not working.
- Now Education contributed pension.
- 24/7 direct contact with your dedicated consultant.
This role is also subject to all compliance checks being complete such as a DBS, references and more.
Now Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation.