Now Education are seeking an exceptional candidate to work with one of our schools in wrap-around care provision.
We are looking for a support worker to help create a fun and engaging provision for the learners beyond the school day.
Hours: 16.25 hours per week term time only (3.00pm-6.15pm Monday-Friday).
Salary – £22,366 p/a pro rata
1. Main Duties:
• To contribute positively to providing safe, creative and stimulating play activities to meet the needs of children aged between 4 and 11 years of age.
• To assist in the planning, organisation, provision and evaluation of play sessions as part of a small team.
• To endeavour to meet the individual needs of all the children attending after school club and to help provide a warm, caring and safe environment.
• To assist where necessary with daily administration and record keeping.
• To take responsibility for groups of children in activities as an individual or supported by other team members.
• To establish good working relationships with parents and to provide opportunities for feedback.
• To be conscious of safety at all times, and to follow the Health and Safety policy.
• To follow the school’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
• To administer first aid as appropriate and to keep records of any accident or incident.
• To carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework and to promote equal opportunities within all aspects of the work.
• To work within all agreed policies and procedures.
• To work supportively with the after-school club leader and senior leadership team.
2. Skills and Ability
• Experience of working with 4-11 year olds.
• A good knowledge and understanding of child development.
• Understanding and commitment to deliver high quality childcare.
• Ability to use a computer to support in planning and administration purposes.
• First Aid certificate (training provided where needed).
• Basic Food Hygiene certificate (training provided where needed).
NOW Education are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); due diligence check including social media; qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references to cover a minimum period of 2 years. Rates quoted are inclusive of 12.07% holiday pay.