SEMH Teaching Assistant – Enfield
Now Education is currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to support pupils aged 11 – 18 with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs.
The school only opened its doors last year and is part of a large academy we work with that pride themselves on high level of support for all its pupils.
The school have created a therapeutic, student-centered learning experience, which focuses on the specific needs of students, developing their self-esteem and helping them to build secure and lasting relationships. They deliver a range of academic and social/emotional interventions to support our young people and prepare them effectively for life after school.
- Assist the lead teacher in implementing educational activities and lesson plans for all SEMH students –
- Provide support and guidance to SEMH students in their learning and development
- Help create a safe and inclusive classroom environment
- Assist with classroom management and behavior management strategies
- Collaborate with the lead teacher to assess student progress and provide feedback to parents/guardians
- Support students with SEMH or other learning disabilities
- Provide individualized attention and support to students as needed
- Assist with daily tasks such as preparing materials, organizing the classroom, and maintaining a clean and organized learning environment
- Previous experience working with children with SEMH particularly in an educational setting
- Team Teach qualification would be greatly desired
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively interact with students, parents, and colleagues
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to connect with children on an individual level
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
This post is to start ASAP until at least the end of the academic year with the view to be offered a permanent contract. Hours are terms time only, 8am – 4pm. Rate of pay is £85.00- 100.00 per day depending on experience. There are good public transport links and on-site parking,
If you are passionate about educating young children, providing care for children with SEMH , and have experience working with children with special needs, we encourage you to apply for this Teaching Assistant position. Speak with Cherie at Now Education via Cherie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 02037500885.