Now Education are delighted to be working with a dedicated Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) who are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive learning environment for students facing unique challenges. Staff at school strive to empower their students to achieve their full potential through personalized education and holistic support.
The Senior Leadership Team are seeking a motivated and compassionate Learning Support Assistant to join their team at the PRU. As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a crucial role in supporting the teaching and learning process for students with diverse needs. The successful candidate will work closely with teaching staff to create a positive and nurturing atmosphere, fostering a love for learning and helping students overcome obstacles.
- Provide one-on-one or small group support to students in various subjects.
- Assist in the implementation of individualized education plans (IEPs) and behavior management strategies.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Collaborate with teachers to adapt curriculum materials to meet students’ needs.
- Monitor and record student progress, providing feedback to the teaching team.
- Support students with social, emotional and behavioral difficulties in developing coping strategies.
- Proven experience working with young people who may have challenging behaviour – this experience does not need to be within an educational environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience and empathy in working with students facing behavioural and emotional challenges.
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to suit individual learning styles.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car is essential for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to secure a full time and long term role within an educational establishment that cares about both it’s staff and pupils. If you are interested, please get in touch asap.