A Nottingham Primary school are looking for Learning Mentors to work with students both on a 1:1 basis and in small groups. You must have experience of working with all children across EYFS, KS1 and KS2. You must have experience of working with teenagers although it doesn’t need to have been in a school setting. If you have experience as a youth worker, support worker or sports coach you are encouraged to apply.
You will need to have an engaging and positive personality with strong behaviour management skills and excellent communication skills as the students will have challenging behaviour and require support.
The role is a very rewarding role but also requires the right skill set and mind set so strong characters will be needed. The school itself is easily accessible both by car and public transport.
The benefits to you!
- Weekly pay, and no payroll fees.
- Support from an experienced education consultant.
- Free CPD training.
- Candidate referral Programme.
- 24-hour registration from the comfort of your sofa.
- 12.07% Holiday pay – paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot to withdraw when you are not working.
- Now Education contributed pension.
- 24/7 direct contact with your dedicated consultant.
Your duties will include:
- Managing the behaviour of pupils in line with the school’s behavioural policy.
- Supporting SEN children.
- Supporting children with challenging behaviour.
- Respond to any questions from pupils to support and develop their learning.
- Being flexible to the schools and pupils needs.
- Report back to the key person in charge with any key information about pupils’ behaviours and progress.
The Ideal person:
- Experience in social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
- An active person interested in sport and fitness.
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with students in a classroom setting
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- A passion for helping young pupils progress within their education.
- Adaptable to a change in circumstances.
- Dynamic and holds strong classroom management.
Now Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation.